This product is a direct replacement for the originally selected product.
Karcher SP 3 Submersible Dirty Water Pump 7000L Per Hour
- Our Part Number KAR16455120
Karcher SP 3 Submersible Dirty Water Pump 7000L Per Hour
Karcher's SP3 dirty water pump can help you tackle large volumes of water, both dirty and clean. Perfect for garden ponds, swimming pools and flooded basements, the SP3 can pump 7,000 litres of water and hour, making it very effective for domestic drainage applications.
The SP3 uses a float switch which means it will pump autonomously when it detects flooding and shut itself down once the flood level has decreased. It is designed to shut down before the water is completely drained to avoid overheating of the motor - holding the float switch above the pump enables the operator to override this feature to drain small amounts of water when neccessary, though the SP3 must be monitored and should not be left unattended in this mode.
The SP3 can deal with dirt particles up to 20mm in diameter. It comes with a G1 thread connector and is compatible with standard garden hoses by using a tap adapter to connect the hose to the pump.
Features & Benefits:
• Ceramic face seal - for an extra long lifetime
• Float switch - switches the pump on and off again according to the water level, preventing dry running of the pump
• Quick Connect- for quick and uncomplicated connection of 1 1/4" hoses to the pump
• Designed for dirty water - reliable pumping of water with dirt particles up to 20mm in size
• Float switch can be fixed in place - for switching to manual operation
• Comfortable carry handle - easy to hold and can also be used as a rope holder
• Upgradeable - Add a Karcher Pre-filter (available separately) for extra protection against large particles
• 5 Year guarantee
• Max. motor rating (W) 350
• Max. flow rate (l/h) < 7000
• Delivery head/pressure, max. (m) 6 - 0.6
• Max. depth of immersion (m) 7
• Max. grain size (mm) 20
• Delivery temperature, max. (°C) 35
• Power cable (m) 10
• Voltage (V) 230 - 240
• Frequency (Hz) 50
• Weight without accessories (kg) 4.23
• Dimensions (L x W x H) (mm) 229 x 238 x 303
Additional information regarding Submersible Water Pumps
Clean Water Pumps:
Generally clean water pumps are suitable for the drainage of cellars, sinks, cisterns, pools, baths and other general transfer of water. They are not suitable for outside ponds or other dirty water as they will only usually allow small particles to pass through. Most clean water pumps will allow suction to a very low level (normally within 5 - 10mm) before they cut out but remember this only applies if they have a float switch.
Dirty Water Pumps:
These are suitable for the drainage of most water types as they allow for a much larger particle types. Be aware however that they will usually drain water down to a level of between 25 - 50mm depending on the particle size that they allow for. Automatic cut out only applies if they have a float switch. Unless specified dirty water pumps are not suitable for agriculture type use or for drainage of water containing salt or other chemicals. The term 'dirty' in most cases applies to 'water contains small particles such as grit, sand, mud and small pebbles'.
Considerations when buying a Submersible or Surface water pump:
1. Particles over 1mm generally, can only pass through dirty water pumps. Always buy a pump that will allow the particle size that you require to flow through it.
2. Float switches enable the pump to cut-out when the water reaches the minimum level at which the pump can operate without overheating. Clean water pumps can operate at a lower level than dirty water pumps as they do not have to account for particles being able to pass through the bottom of the pump. Pumps without a float or auto cut out type switch cannot run automatically and have to manually be controlled.
3. Water pumps have differing flow rates so ensure you purchase a pump capable of transferring water at your desired speed; this is normally calculated as litres per second or litres per hour.
4. The distance or height that a water pump is capable of moving water is known as the lift height use the following calculation to determine if the pump is suitable for your requirements:
The maximum flow rate of a pump is directly affected by the height it has to lift the water. In general the flow rate will decrease as the lift height increases. Horizontal pumping distance is also affected use the formula Max Height - Working Height x 10 to determine the maximum horizontal distance the pump will be capable of.
It is recommended that an RCD is always used with a submersible pump as should be the case whenever electrical products are used near water.
Most submersible pumps require a lay flay hose (except water butt pumps) which have a wider diameter than garden hose in order to drain the water without damaging the pump, to allow for particles (if applicable) and to allow for fast flow rates.
|Mfr Part Number||SP 3|
|Our Part Number||KAR16455120|
|Model No||SP 3|
|Max Particle Size||20mm|
|Cable Length (m)||10m|
|Clean or Dirty Water||Dirty|
|Flow Rate||7000 l/h|
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Available downloads for this product
More Help with this product...
If you require more information or assistance with this product please consult the links below :
Do you have a bulk order?
If you have a bulk order for this item then we may be able to offer you an extra discount. Please call our order line on 0208 805 3535 for a quote.
Please note : to qualify for a bulk discount where not already specified on the website, a bulk order would be considered to be normally a minimum of around 100 units for lower value items, and sometimes less if it is high value item.