Why do you prefer a landline number?
We ask for a landline number if possible, for security purposes, to help prevent credit card fraud for both ourselves and for the general public.
Fraudsters rely on being able to give bogus address details and untraceable mobile telephone numbers and so asking for a landline telephone number is one basic step towards stopping online fraud.
We will accept orders without a landline number but in some cases (for example high value orders) it may delay the processing of the order as it is more difficult to carry out the relevant security checks using only a mobile phone number.
If you simply want to give a mobile number as it is easier for us to contact you that way in case of a query, you could enter that in the Alternative Contact Number.
- How can I track my order?
- When will I receive my order?
- How will my item be sent?
- What happens when I receive my goods?
- How can I calculate my postage charges?
- Why don't you ship to my country?
- What is my 3 Digit Card Security Number
- Will I get notifications about my order status?
- Why haven't I received any email notifications?
- How do I cancel an order?
- What do I do if my details have changed?
- Acceptance of your order